This is Athens calling. The capital. And yes it is breathtaking!
Living up to its reputation, Athens is a city full of surprises. Despite bad press due to Greece’s general economic woes, austerity measures and negative mood amongst the Greeks, the city remains a unique spot of long rich history, contemporary vibrations and warmhearted inhabitants. This great Metropolis is a perfect combination of old and new… modern culture, touches of antiquity, pinches of artistic vibes, alternative entertainment and with lots of stories to be told.
The city is the perfect fit not only for those who have already seen it before, but also for first-timers. Athens is built under the Acropolis rock, so all the must-see spots can be visited in just a few hours, depending on your time and mood.
Especially during the hot summer, consider choosing a tailor-made tour with which you can feel the pulse of Athens from the comfort of a vehicle. Enjoy the ride and create your unique memories!
So, the major questions are what to see, where to go, what to do? Well, here are some suggestion that will help you out…
- THE SACRED ROCK OF THE ACROPOLIS: The place where all began. Democracy, philosophy, art, architecture, mythology, history!
- THE ACROPOLIS MUSEUM: 25,000 square meters full of history, myths, stories, legendary personalities, Gods and ancient memories
- THE TOMB OF THE UNKNOWN SOLDIER: Meet the Evzones, the loyal, motionless presidential guards.
- PANATHENAIC STADIUM: Listen to the roar of the millennia-old crowds and stand there where the first modern Olympic Games were held
- ANCIENT AGORA: Find the heart of ancient Athens
- PLAKA & MONASTIRAKI: The most picturesque neighborhood of the city
- NATIONAL ARCHAELOGICAL MUSEUM: The treasury of Greek art and history
- THE NATIONAL GARDENS: The green refuge of the city center
- LYCABETTUS HILL: The clearest view of Athens
- TEMPLE OF POSEIDON: “Place me on Sunium’s marbled steep, Where nothing save the waves and I, May hear our mutual murmurs sweep” (lines from Byrons’ Don Juan)
If you don’t have much time to visit all this places, you may choose a half-day tour. Enjoy Athens for 4 hours and choose what to see, what to do. Want some more? A full day tour is also available with 8 hours full of Athens vibes!
What do YOU need?
Enjoy the #TouriusExperience in Athens!
*Written by Polymnia Panagiotopoulou photo credit: jimmy teoh from Pexels WeeFee_Photography from Pixabay